There can be times in which an individual will get confuse because certain documents needs to be notarized before these will have legal bearing in the country but at the same time, there are no notaries public in Thailand. While this fact remains, there are lawyers in the country who are granted with authority to act as Notarial Services Attorneys in the Kingdom. These attorneys’ functions as such are regulated by the Lawyers Council of Thailand. However, any lawyer cannot simply apply for and be granted with authority to provide notarial services as he is required to undergo and then pass the required professional training course in order to be registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.
Functions of a Notarial Services AttorneyIf an attorney is authorized to perform as a notarial attorney, he can do the following functions:
- Verify whether the signatures on a document are authentic or not.
- Certify the parties’ identity who are involved in an agreement.
- Administer oaths and affirmations.
- Attestation and certification of certain classes of documents.
- Act as a witness on parties signing a document.